Wednesday, April 12, 2006

white spider stars

This week a couple of honorable mentions need to be made.
Death Cab for Cutie released their "Directions" DVD, which contains a music video for each of their songs off of their newest album "Plans". Graphic novelist Jeffery Brown was one of talented individuals who got his images animated for the Your Heart is An Empty Room video on the DVD. I'm a huge fan of his work, but i gotta say, i'm not a fan at all of "Plans". not at all.

Also, the folk-ish band Calexico released their new CD this week which features awesome cover art from the amazing illustrator James Jean .

I think it's awesome when great music and great art team up to make an ultra-creation.

I hope someone asks me to design their CD cover one day...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:O not a fan of "plans"? Why ever not?

Drew said...

the guitars are too jangly, and ben's voice is getting too high for my taste. I like all their other stuff, especially their oldest, but plans just isn't their best. I'm reluctant to use the word "emo", mostly because its use would probably spark a debate about its definition.

Anonymous said...

Isn't their best, or isn't good? I bet you're a music snob.

Anonymous said...

a music snob? what's that supposed to mean? i'm actually pretty easy when it comes to music, but i have my preferences, like everyone. and no it's not their best. "Brothers on a hotel bed" is good song, and "I will follow you into the dark" isn't bad either, but mostly i don't really like it.

Anonymous said...

Come on y'all. Quit fighting over some d cab for cutes, its all about Jack Johnson.

Anonymous said...

you're emo.