Sunday, May 21, 2006

DaVinci in da house

So i saw the DaVinci Code tonight with my pops (thanks daddio), and i have to admit i had high hopes for it. Despite what the critics were saying I thought maybe, just maybe they were being too hard on it. But I was wrong. It kinda sucked.

It was ok at first, it started out rather well, i didn't even mind the poor casting, but then it just spiralled downhill. Everything was kind of dragged out, I found myself yawning all the time, the funniest time being when I yawned rather loudly just after the climax. And, I thought it was too scripty. Nothing sounded original, people just don't talk like that.
The acting was not that great, in fact I don't really like Tom Hanks in this role, at all. And the history got lost in the fiction, and yes there was some real history. I like gothic arcitechture (sp?), but if i see the inside of another catholic church i'm gonna kill myself
Also, Smart Car chase scenes just look dumb.
I could go on, but i'm tired, and this movie isn't worth any more of my time than what i spent watching it.

A good story, but too much bad acting and cheesy dialogue make this movie a think-about borrowing-it-after-your-friends-rent-it, kind of movie.

The DaVinci Code: 2 out of 5 stars.

If you're looking for a good Dan Brown book though, look no further than "Angels and Demons". It was a MUCH better read than "DaVinci Code":

No comments: