Thursday, May 18, 2006

night fisher

Yesterday i purchased a copy of R Kikuo Johnson's "Night Fisher", a short graphic novella following a Hawaiian prep school student named Loren. Loren and his Friend Shane are in their last year of high school and slowly growing apart. They become wrapped up in crime, and drugs, and their seperation is finalized after one gets arrested.
Although this book took me no time at all to read the art of the interior pages is breath-takingingly simple, yet so provocative you become lost within the brush-strokes. I was a little disappointed by the ending, but upon further evaluation i think it suits it.
It's a great book and a "mature depiction of immature lives." it says that on the back.
it's good so go buy it yo.
i've been thinking fo ideas for part two of "clicks" but that's all at the moment, i just have too much other stuff to do right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cover. I know the girl's anem, now if you would just tell me the boy's. come on drew.

Anonymous said...

name* pardon my crappy spelling.