Thursday, May 04, 2006

hooray for headway

so i actually pencilled 8 pages of a comic from some thumbnail sketches today. it took about 3 hours, but they're done. it's a short story about two people on a little road trip.
finally some inspiration, although i'm not sure where it came from. i think it came from when i was thinking about last summer, and the flat tire incident during our little camping trip. one thought lead to another, and voila: story.
I'll keep you posted on how it's coming. I'll prolly do some inking tonight, maybe finish the lettering.
more to come.

currently listening to: a lot of the shins for some reason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's crazy how many people are actually excited about free comic day. i wasn't even aware that it was a 'day'. hope you had a good one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Drew,Im one of Geoff's friends,I just wanted to tell you that your not the only comic book artist that goes through stints of lack of inspiration. It kinda frusturates me when I go through these times but I usually just take some time away from the illustrating table and try and experience something new in my life that may give me some new and raw inspiration. Happy illustrating and I will talk to you sometime lol. Gotta love those shins.

Drew said...

burke - pictures to come soon....
kelly - free comic book day was great, i can't wait till next year :D
peyt - thanks for the advice, i'll definitely be using it.